It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does "Users with Counted Licenses" mean and what does "Assigned License" mean on jazz License Key Management page

Cathy Xu (390515) | asked Jul 25 '13, 2:44 a.m.
There are 3 values listed on jazz server admin>Server>License Key Management page:
Users with Counted Licenses   xx (xx Assigned, xx Acquired Floating)
- "xx Acquired Floating" is a link, it will switch to Users>Acquired Floating Licenses page
Acquired Floating Licenses Leases.
This page displays the list of floating licenses currently acquired from the license server by users on this server.

This is all good.

But, what the other 2 numbers mean:Users with Counted Licenses   xx (xx Assigned  ??

I have a test machine(CLM 4.0)  that I installed 2 types of floating license (10 license each type)
- Contributor-Floating
- Developer-Floating

When first after I uploaded license file. In License Key Management page, it shows
"Users with Counted Licenses   8 (8 Assigned, 0 Acquired Floating)"

Why 8?

Then I did work item creation in Web client to get one floating license (Developer).
Back to License Key Management page, it shows
"Users with Counted Licenses   7 (7 Assigned, 1 Acquired Floating)"
And one user listed on Acquired Floating Licenses page.

After more than 2 hours when floating license expired.
Back to License Key Management page again, it shows
"Users with Counted Licenses   7 (7 Assigned, 0 Acquired Floating)"
NO user listed on Acquired Floating Licenses page.

Why remain 7?
------------------------------
Any one can shed some lights on these values? Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 25 '13, 8:24 a.m.
Hi Cathy,

This sounds rather odd.  I would suggest openning a defect in the jts project area.  This can be done by selecting the "MY Stuff" link which is near the upper right hand corner of this page, then select workitems and then click on open a defect.  here you willneed to relog in with your jazz credentials.  The other option is to open a service request to engage support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.