It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Different WIs states in plan client and web browser

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Jul 22 '13, 4:33 a.m.
Hello,

We have a client who uses RTC 4.01. and we noticed a strange behavior when comparing the plans using eclipse client vs. Web Browser.
The number of total WIs in the plan is 12. among them 4 are in the state open and 12 in closed. This is the correct view
On the eclipse client we seen  also 14 WIs among them 12 WI in state open and 2 in closed. (The menu under the Plan name). Looking into the Planned items one can see that there are indeed 12 WI grayed out which means they are closed.  This is proved also by opening all WIs and checking out their states.
In other words, the misleading info is the one at top of the Plan in eclipse:

Any thoughts on this?
Thank you,
Zica

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jul 22 '13, 5:06 a.m.
Hello Zica,
Eclise and web client behave differentely as designed. The reason for that is that Eclipse client is no longer developed. There is one of the examples of different behavior which might match your behavior: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21634108

Please let us know if it helps for you.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Comments
Zica Valsan commented Jul 24 '13, 5:08 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

thank you for your answer. I knew that eclipse and web are different but not as much that the info is so misleading. I consider this is as bug as the Plan info provides erroneous information in eclipse
The example mentionend in the technote doesn't match my behavior but is good to know it.

Thanks,
Zica

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jul 24 '13, 6:32 a.m.

Hi Zica,
Could you provide the screen shot with workitems visible in Eclipse ui and separate one visible in web ui? Do these two plan present the same workitems or different ones?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 24 '13, 11:47 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Although it is OK for new features to be added to the Web UI without being added to the Eclipse UI, I agree with Zica that what the Eclipse UI does do, should be correct, and if it isn't, it is a bug that should be reported so it could be fixed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.