It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to copy requirements and test cases from one project to another.

Felipe Hernandez (3031116) | asked Jul 18 '13, 2:12 p.m.
retagged Jul 23 '13, 2:56 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
I've been asked to copy the requirements from one project to another and also the test cases, test scripts and test plans.

This is possible? How can be achieved? 

I've found that one way is to download the requirements to a file and from there import them. For RRC 4.0.1 is there another way?

Comments
Felipe Hernandez commented Jul 19 '13, 10:22 a.m. | edited Jul 20 '13, 5:53 p.m.

Thanks everyone for your Ideas, I'll try the RQM Copy Utility, is there something similar to copy requirements? 

And as far as linked objects I think we can do that by hand.

Thanks again for your advice.

Stef van Dijk commented Jul 19 '13, 11:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In addition to Bas' answer (either using CSV or ReqIF), you can also use project templates to copy information from an existing project to create a new project:
Managing requirements project templates

But the suggestion to use either CSV or ReqIF is the most flexible.

3 answers

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jul 19 '13, 3:22 a.m.

Use copy utility to copy test cases, scripts, plans from one project area to another:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility 

You can download this utility from the below link:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/4.0.1/RQM-Extras-RQMCopyUtil-4.0.1.zip

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Jul 19 '13, 8:47 a.m. | edited Jul 20 '13, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Felipe,

If you plan on using the RQM Copy Utility as Rajat mentioned in the prior post, please review the usage page thoroughly before proceeding.
There are limitations in the area of linked assets:

CLM links
  • Does not allow for copying CLM links such as Requirement, Work Item, or Plan Item links. CLM linking is only supported in the OSLC QM API

Ara

Felipe Hernandez commented Jul 22 '13, 7:25 p.m.

I've downloaded the tool but I haven't been able to run it. Where I'm having some issues is with the URL part for the projects since the name of the projects has some spaces and also a '; Is there a way where I can see how the name is on RQ or a alias to use it?

Regards,
Felipe.

Rajat Singh commented Jul 22 '13, 7:43 p.m. | edited Jul 22 '13, 7:51 p.m.

Try this
https://<hostname>:<port>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/projects

Replace hostname and port with your server info.
This would give you the alias name of your RQM project areas.

Best Regards
Rajat

Felipe Hernandez commented Jul 22 '13, 7:49 p.m. | edited Jul 22 '13, 7:57 p.m.

Thanks I'll try it

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jul 18 '13, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Assume the way you mentioned in your post is using CSV files?
Another option is to use ReqIF files; in the CLM 4.0.1 InfoCenter see Importing and exporting ReqIF files

permanent link
Christian Winkler (1321623) | answered Aug 26 '14, 7:50 a.m.
Hello,

I looking for a solution to copy requirements between project areas in DOORS Next / Rational Requirement Composer 5.0.
Is there now a way to do it?

If still not, is there already an enhancement request for it?

Thanks!
Christian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.