It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can .get RBF command be used to copy .class file from 1 server to another through RBF?

sreethi g (111) | asked Jul 16 '13, 10:39 a.m.

I tried copying a .class file from build server to target server using .get command in RBF. But in 5 out of 10 attempts, the file gets corrupted. These .class files has to be copied in binary mode (not ASCII). I suspect if .get command is a right choice to server this purpose.

If .get cannot be used, is there any other equivalent command to copy files from server to server in RBF?

Note : scp cannot be used in the above case

2 answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jul 16 '13, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The .get and .put commands use the html protocol to send the files and the problem with it is the same as what you have found.  As the files get larger they get corrupted fairly easily since the connection isn't particular robust.  Generally we recommend for clients looking to move files from one place to another to use another intermediary to hold the files such as an FTP site.  That might be best if you cannot use SCP.

~Spencer

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Jul 17 '13, 7:29 a.m.
You may want to try and set up "direct file transfers between agents using the _XSTREAM_PROTOCOL trigger variable in Build Forge. There are limitations depending on the operating system, and is only in BF version 7.1.3 and up agents I believe. This could help resolve the issue. Please see the links I provided below for additional configuration information.

With this link, select configuring direct file transfer. It also has other useful information regarding the transfer of files. 

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.