It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI e mail notifications waitting

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Jun 25 '13, 12:03 p.m.
edited Jul 17 '13, 4:44 p.m.

Hello,
when I try to send my report to my e mail, it doesn't work, I already set all necesarry parameters (smtp with authentication using port 587) using Cognos configuration- Notifications and I got this:

when I try to run it I got this:

and the message that I got when see detail history:
CNC-SDS-0408 There are email messages waiting to be sent.

My smtp server is using  SASL authentication

I'm getting this errors pool

CNC-SDS-0408 There are email messages waiting to be sent.
July 17, 2013 1:43:00 PM CNC-SDS-0410 The email message was not sent. Approximate message size: [305 KB] The Mail server returned this error: [Invalid Addresses]
July 17, 2013 1:43:00 PM CNC-SDS-0335 Error returned from SMTP Server. The error message was: [Invalid Addresses]. The message could not be sent.
July 17, 2013 1:43:00 PM CNC-SDS-0335 Error returned from SMTP Server. The error message was: [450 4.7.1 myadres.last@company.com: Recipient address rejected: invalid sender domain for relay (0) ]. The message could not be sent.

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 26 '13, 6:29 a.m.
Hello Rafael,

there are a couple of technotes you can check:
Cognos 8 users are unable to send email due SMTP server rejection.
User unable to send scheduled reports by email: CNC-SDS-0410 CNC-SDS-0379

You can also look if there are any corresponding error message in cogserver.log located in the RRDI Install Directory/cognos/logs.

Best Regards
Francesco

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jul 17 '13, 4:46 p.m.

I Review the those notes, but I have everything right, I don't know if may be Cognos doesn't support SASL Authentication??

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.