It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I copy an RRC artifact from one project area to another?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Jun 20 '13, 9:40 a.m.
Hello,

I am working with RRC 4.0.0.1 and I would like to copy a set of artifacts (text based) from one project area to another (both on the same server).  Whatsmore, if there are links between the artifacts then I would like to copy the links.

Is this possible?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

4 answers

permanent link
Eliel Alvarez (161) | answered Jun 20 '13, 12:41 p.m.
Another way that you can try is using the feature ReqIF.

From project source you can export the artifacts and later import to project target.
One condition, you must to have the role Administrator on both projects.

When you create your RIF definition, you can select include links and folders. if you want preserve the links between RM artifacts, you should include source and target on the RIF definition.

More info on Importing and Exporting ReqIF files

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 20 '13, 12:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are referring to two existing projects, the simple answer is no. This is partly because each project has it's own type system information (artifact types, attributes, link types, etc) and even if you define the same types in both projects, they are not truly equivalent and there's no process for "mapping" these in any way.
If you want to create a new project based on the contents of an existing project, that can be done by creating a project template from the existing project and using it to create the new project.

Comments
long TRUONG commented Jun 29 '15, 6:52 p.m.

You meant we cannot export/import these items on type system info by their face values like WItype on RTC ?

If the RRC target-PA is still pristine (no artifact yet), can it be considered as a new PA ?

permanent link
Anand Indukuri (6) | answered Nov 20 '14, 8:05 p.m.
I agree with Stef.

Has this functionality improved in DOORS Next Generation (RRC 5.0) ?

permanent link
long TRUONG (3654118146) | answered Jun 30 '15, 1:40 p.m.
 export (to CSV)/import should work in 4.0.7 (onward probably) according to:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.