It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem when Importing Test Case with Custom Attribute - RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-4.0.0.1

Sammi Karki (1111) | asked Jun 10 '13, 8:24 a.m.
edited Jun 10 '13, 8:25 a.m.

Hi there,

I am trying to use the RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-4.0.0.1 tool to import test cases from a spreadsheet and have run into a problem. I have used the following code to generate xml which works fine however the problem is that whist I have 5 rows (1 for each test case) in my test spreadsheet, the tool reads and generates xml with alll the values for the custom atribute in one file although it should have been 5 different files (one each for a test case in the spreadsheet). Can anyone please let me know how I can make it iterate so that it generates 5 different files with custom value 1, 2 3, 4 and 5? Let me know if you need any further information. Thanks for your help.

testcase.customAttributes.type="SMALL_STRING"
testcase.customAttributes.identifier=H2
testcase.customAttributes.name=I2
testcase.customAttributes.value=E

This is how the generated xml looks:

<myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseExpectedResults extensionDisplayName="Expected Results">Amet vestibulum leo dictum. Integer consequat massa vel orci tempor viverra.</myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseExpectedResults>
<myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition extensionDisplayName="RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE">Any valid ID of the customer</myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition>
<dc:title>Test03.01.10_TC-1</dc:title>
<customAttributes>
 <customAttribute type="SMALL_STRING" >
  <name>Test</name>
  <value>Sed non tortor nulla, in suscipit ante. Nunc venenatis lectus a nulla tempus sit.</value>
  <identifier>Custom_attribute_0_</identifier>
 </customAttribute>
  <name>Test</name>
  <value>Integer ut egestas risus. Quisque semper, dolor id rutrum cursus, dolor lectus malesuada libero, eu lobortis nulla enim id enim</value>
 </customAttribute>
  <name>Test</name>
  <value>Sed non tortor nulla, in suscipit ante. Nunc venenatis lectus a nulla tempus sit.</value>
 </customAttribute>
  <name>Test</name>
  <value>Integer ut egestas risus. Quisque semper, dolor id rutrum cursus, dolor lectus malesuada libero, eu lobortis nulla enim id enim</value>
 </customAttribute>
  <name>Test</name>
 </customAttribute>
</customAttributes>
</testcase>

One answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jun 18 '13, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Sammi, not very clear on the format of the test case sheet / config file used..

Did you look at the samples at <RQM excel exporter install>\samples ?
This should give some idea, config file is used for both "export to repository", "export to XML".. 

If the above does not help, can u paste a snapshot of :
 the excel sheet (showing atleast 2 case entries in detail)
 the config file complete contents..

I will try at my end and revert

Best Regards, Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.