It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JazzHub beta 3 - Create multiple release

JL Marechaux (199611) | asked Jun 05 '13, 8:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 05 '13, 8:43 p.m.
I don't see a way to add a release to a timeline in JazzHub.  It seems I can only add Sprints, right?. Is it a restriction to simplify the user experience? Or will release management be added in the future?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jun 06 '13, 6:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We simplified the user experience to only allow one release per project at this point.  We do have plans to revisit this and see if we can allow users to easily create more than one release.
JL Marechaux selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
JL Marechaux commented Jun 10 '13, 12:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Lauren,

I understand that we want to simplify the UX, but if only one release is allowed, then why having a release at all?
Releases makes sense when you have multiple ones. If you don't then you should only have a backlog and a set of Sprints

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jun 10 '13, 12:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe we chose to to contain the sprints inside of a release to allow for the possibility of multiple releases in the future.  On your project's main page, the timeline displays the sprints as though they are the only release.  Are there specific places in the UI where you find it inconvenient to have the sprints listed under the release?

JL Marechaux commented Jun 27 '13, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry Lauren, I missed this answer. Probably too tired after Innovate. 

Ok, I understand your point: Releases may be supported in the future, and then, having multiple Sprints within a release makes a lot of sense. 

All I am saying is that for a user, it is weird to see a "release level" if you can not create two or more releases. A Scrum team will probably never use 1 and only 1 release. The team will use no release at all (only Sprints and backlog), or 2+ releases.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jul 01 '13, 10:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Makes sense.  I've added your comment to our work item tracking this.

Christian Kadner commented Jul 31 '15, 6:20 p.m. | edited Jul 31 '15, 6:27 p.m.

@Lauren, are you still working on adding releases to JazzHub?

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Aug 03 '15, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm no longer on the JazzHub development team, and I'm not in the loop with their plans.  @agarcher - can you provide any details?

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.