It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JazzHub login error - handling of special characters

Iwan Winoto (323) | asked Jun 05 '13, 2:33 a.m.
I noticed when I log in to JazzHub, to view code, I get an error:
Error 500: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URLDecoder: Illegal hex characters in escape (%) pattern - For input string: "mi"
I reversed the escaped characters, and noticed they correspond to a special character I use in my password. It seems my password does not get handled properly.
I use the same password for jazz.net login without problem and I sometimes use the special character to try to secure my password as much as possible.
Can someone please fix the password handling in the hub.jazz.net UI so it doesn't complain about a valid password.
Cheers,
e1

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jun 05 '13, 7:43 a.m. | edited Jun 05 '13, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I apologize for the inconvenience.  Thank you for letting us know!  I've opened a work item to track the issue.

Can you clarify that you are able to successfully login to JazzHub?  It sounds like the issue occurs when you click on "Code." Is that right?

One answer

permanent link
Weiping Lu (452910) | answered Nov 16 '14, 1:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@Iwan Winoto

What is the special character that caused the problem? thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.