It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where are the ETL jobs stored in Rational Insight 1.1.1.1

Andrew Helps (3157) | asked Jun 04 '13, 9:07 a.m.
Hi There,

I am currently setting up an Insight 1.1.1.1 server to intergrate with CLM 4.0.2.

I was wondering how I import the standard out of the box jobs into my Catalogue in Data Manager?

Any help will be appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 04 '13, 11:19 a.m.
Hello Andrew,

you need to download the Data Manager packages from the CLM server and import them using the data manager client.

You can see the detailed instructions here:

Integrating the Collaborative Lifecycle Management report packages with Rational Insight
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_import_clm301_dm_rietl.html

Best Regards
Francesco

Comments
Francesco Chiossi commented Jun 04 '13, 11:28 a.m.

Additionally the Insight standard out of the box catalog can be found here:
<RIDevToolsInstallDir> \datamgr\insight_catalog\OOTBDMCatalog.ctg

Loading the Rational Insight out-of-the-box catalog
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r1m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/t_postinstall_ritools_DW.html

Jill Davies commented Jun 12 '13, 5:13 a.m.

To get the full "OOTB and CLM" set of jobs you will need to do both bits of the above, but the second bit will restore the whole catalog, so you need to do that first, THEN add the CLM packages afterwards.

Jill Davies commented Jun 12 '13, 5:41 a.m.

Please can anyone tell me if there is anything specific to the server within the CLM Data Manager packages?

We have 2 CLM servers in our environment.  One has recently been upgraded to V4 and the other is going to be upgraded in a couple of weeks.  I have downloaded the packages from the first server.  Can I then use those packages to extract data from the second server, or will I need to download a new set once the second upgrade is complete?

Francesco Chiossi commented Jun 12 '13, 5:47 a.m.

Hello Jill,

as far as I know there is nothing server specific in the DM packages.
So as long as both servers are on the same versions there should be no problem.
The server specific information for the ETL process are stored in the XDC files, and those need to be downloaded from each server (you can also manually customize a copy from a server with the same version but this is usually more work, especially for RQM where you have an entry for each project).

Best Regards
Francesco

permanent link
Nikhil Vipradas (111214) | answered Nov 16 '13, 2:33 p.m.
Hi Andrew

Were you able to integrate CLM 4.0.2 and RI 1.1.1.1 sucessfully ?
We also have similar environment and while running ETL jobs it gets hung.
After that we had suggestion from Rational as CLM 4.0.2 and RI 1.1.1.1 are not compatible.

Can you please confirm if that combination works for you ?

Thanks.

permanent link
Jill Davies (241417) | answered Nov 29 '13, 8:55 a.m.
Hi Nikhil,

We are in the process of trying to load data from CLM 4.0.2 into RI 1.1.1.1
We have a lot of data in our CLM environment and the data loads are taking a long time to run (and occasionally fall over).
However, we have managed to get the JTS and the RTC jobs to complete and a couple of RQM project areas have also loaded.
I excluded a couple of the RTC jobs from the dataload as we don't need this data for our applications and these ones seemed to be taking a particularly long time:
- RTC_WorkitemHistory3.0.1.2 and
- RTC_HistoryCustomAttr3 (part of RTC_WorkitemCustomAttribute JobStream)
NB. If you exclude RTC_WorkitemHistory3.0.1.2, you will need to edit the "Finish" routine and remove "AND $RESULT05=TRUE"

Hope this helps.
Jill

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.