It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bar Chart Colors

Stephanie Dempsey (111) | asked Jun 03 '13, 3:17 p.m.
Is there a way to change the color of the default "Unassigned" category in the Work Item Stat widget? I know how the change the data that has a value as you can see I changed that to green.  Bar Chart Example

3 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jun 04 '13, 7:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Stephanie,

I added the Work Item Statistics widget to my dashboard.  I configured it to use the Open Stories query.  The settings has a Colour Palette field where I was able to select the colors for the various levels including unassigned:

Comments
Shubjit Naik commented Jun 04 '13, 8:31 a.m.

Stephanie Dempsey commented Jun 04 '13, 9:55 a.m.

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your response... Is Open Stories a query you created yourself? When I add the widget and select the query I created then select color palette I do not get the unassigned.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jun 04 '13, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stephanie,

Open Stories is a listed as a Predefined, Shared Query for me.  As Shubjit points out, the ability to customize the chart colors is available beginning in 4.0.  What version are you using?

Shubjit Naik commented Jun 04 '13, 11:05 a.m.

Hi Stephanie, 

In addition to Lauren's question, could you also let us what is the attribute type that is used in the Parameter field. Is it a custom contributor attribute?

Stephanie Dempsey commented Jun 04 '13, 1:39 p.m.

Hi,

Yes it is a custom contributor role... so the drop down consists of a list of names in that role and if it is not selected it is automatically set to unassigned.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jun 05 '13, 7:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Stephanie,
I'm not familiar enough with the widget to know what the problem is.  I've added a comment to https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=182115, and hopefully we can get some clarity there.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
Eli Shuster (1145) | answered Jun 04 '13, 12:21 p.m.

All,

I am Stephanie's co worker.  We are using the latest release of JAZZ

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 05 '13, 11:09 a.m.
edited Jun 05 '13, 11:15 a.m.
Hi Stephanie

Looks like this behavior is seen when the parameter is set to a Custom contributor attribute which has a Role based value set assigned in the config.
I have raised a defect on this:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.