It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DWA OSLC get specific view

itay ariel (1133) | asked May 28 '13, 5:01 a.m.
 I'm trying to use DWA OSLC communication
I past the authentication steps
and now I can see modules and requirements.
but how can I get requirements with a specific view I have in Doors?

Thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Graeme Clunie (26) | answered May 28 '13, 10:42 a.m.
Hi,
I'm not entirely clear what you mean here.
Do you mean
1. "How do I get which requirements are visible in a view"
or
2. "How do I get requirements so that they look as they would in a view (i.e. with only the attributes that would be visible)?

In case 1 - there are no modules and no views in OSLC. These are quite simply not part of the specification. So what we have done, in an attempt to make as much information available as possible, is use Requirement Collections to describe the content of the module itself (as if standard view was applied) and the content of a view (which may have a filter applied).
If you are using the delegated user interface then when you pick a view the URI returned will be that of a Requirement Collection which contains the Requirements that the view would have.
If you are not using the DUI, how are you getting the resource URIs?

In case 2 - this cannot be done. A Requirement is a Requirement. If you ask for one you get the whole thing. Further view definitions/filters are not aviable via OSLC at all.

Comments
itay ariel commented Jun 03 '13, 6:42 a.m.

Thank you, I think you made that clear

I thought I can get a specific requirement with its view attributes.

So you say I can get a requirement collection which contains the Requirements that the view would have.
I used the DUI to get a requirement collection URI, but than it fail to retrive the collection.
my request look like this:
http...dwa/rdm/?oauth_consumer_key=X&oauth_nonce=X&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=X&oauth_token=X&oauth_version=1.0&prodID=0&urn=urn:telelogic::1-5176317112507e9c-O-1916-00000147&version=2&oauth_signature=X

is this address supposed to return a list of requirements?
I get the 401 error here

Graeme Clunie commented Jun 03 '13, 7:54 a.m.

HI, looks like you're using an old version of DOORS? Or is it just your configuration which is old?

A few observations:
1 An up to date installation (9.5 or newer) would likely improve matters.
2. With the older versions you absolutely cannot just add parameters to the URL (e.g.the OAuth params)  these should instead be added to the http request header.
3. Configuring using dwaHost, dwaPort, and dwaProtocol is preferable to using urlPrefix (urlPrefix is only maintained for reasons of backwards compatibility).
4. The URL you've supplied is based on the uri of an object, not a module/view.

Cheers,
Graeme.

itay ariel commented Jun 06 '13, 9:26 a.m.

Thanks again

Its true we are using Doors 9.4, not my choice...
1. What do you mean that I cannot just add parameters to the URL.. but its working?
2. Is there a way to get a list of all attributes of a view (requirement collection)
3. and also what do you mean by urlPerfix?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.