It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access custom attributes definitions in DOORS ?

Louis MADEUF (432611) | asked Jul 03 '12, 5:59 a.m.
Hello everyone, 

I am working with DOORS and DWA and manages to get out some requirements in XML/RDF format. I created custom attributes for some requirements and the XML file gives a link to their definition but the name of the attribute is "attrDef-1002" instead of "keystring". The original name can only be viewed in DOORS. So far, it's ok. but when I access the limk to look up the definition, it says 404 error.

So my question is, if I automatically parse my XML files, how can I set properly the name of my attribute if the definition is not accessible ?

Thank you very much !

One answer

permanent link
Graeme Clunie (26) | answered May 28 '13, 10:51 a.m.
The original name can also be seen in the Requirement Shape.
The requirement shape describes the content of a requirement and can be used to discover how a name in DOORS maps to a predicate name in the RDF-XML representation of a resource.

In DOORS 9.5 we implemented a mechanism by which you can define (at module level) which predicate you want to use for an attribute. Thus for the attribute "keystring" you could create a predicate URI http://myhost/ns/keystring fopr the attribute.
In DOORS 9.5.1 we have improved on this and it is now possible to define mappings between RDF predicates and attributes globally (i.e. over the entire database rather than at module level). Further DOORS will suggest a predicate to use based on the attribute name (this is not available when setting predicate URIs at module level).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.