It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not able to see the Workitem Template when creating Iteration plan

Maria Amalan (784366) | asked May 28 '13, 1:10 a.m.
Using RTC 3.0.1 -  I have created a workitem template structure. I can see the template created successfully in the Process Configuration. Also when creating workitem from template directly from Workitems section, I can see the template. But when creating an Iteration Plan, when we go to the second window where we can select the process template, this new template created is not seen there. 
Can someone please tell me why this has happened and how to resolve it. Thank you.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented May 29 '13, 1:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just for interest's sake, what affect on the plan is this selected workitem template supposed to have?   In 4.0.2, it doesn't seem to have any effect that I can detect.  I also noticed that no work item template seem to be specified in the Web UI when creating plans.

Maria Amalan commented May 29 '13, 1:18 a.m.

When we select a workitem template while creating a plan, that template will get automatically created in the plan. Thats the reason we select template while creating plan.

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 29 '13, 1:40 a.m. | edited May 29 '13, 1:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I thought that might be what it was supposed to do, but in 4.0.2, it doesn't appear to do that (at least, it didn't when I created a plan and specified a work item template).

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered May 28 '13, 4:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Maria,
we have seen similar behavior at 3.X level when template name contained unexpected chars,
especially  in French, Brazilian, Russian.
Please check template name and remove any "special char" - try with a name like "test"
and let me know.

Thanks.
Eric. 

Comments
Maria Amalan commented May 28 '13, 4:58 a.m.

Thanks for your response Eric.

The name I had given earlier was 'Sample WBS Template', it did not have any special characters. Even then I changed the name to Test and checked. Still cannot see it while creating plan. 

Eric Jodet commented May 28 '13, 5:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Maria,

You may want to test with 4.0.1
Thanks
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.