It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ZBuild Setup Windows 7 Test Host Connection gets java.lang.nullNullPointerException

JAMES KENNELLY (3189) | asked May 25 '13, 9:36 a.m.

I have Windows XP and Windows 7 systems and have installed the latest RTC RDz 8.5.1.1/RTC 4.0.1
The zBuild Server server information is identical for both systems,

When doing a test for XP it works but for Win 7 it fails with the exception.

Any ideas?

Checked for s/w updates and none were found.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Justin Spotts (261) | answered May 29 '13, 11:37 a.m.
edited May 29 '13, 11:38 a.m.
I just encountered this error.  I think the issue is how Windows 7 treats specific folders.  I found that the issue arises if I use any directory under C:\Users or either of the C:\Progam Files. 

To fix I made a C:\BUILD directory and made sure it was not Read Only.  Then in the zBuild Setup --> Build Base Directory, set the location to C:\BUILD.

I am sure you can use whatever directory name you want, just keep it out of c:\users and c:\program files.

If that doesn't work, I also have heard that at older levels of zBuild (2.0.x) you may have to also setup a Windows Environment variable.

System properties --> Advanced --> Environment Variables --> System Variables --> New
Variable Name: B390_BUILD_PATH
Variable Value: C:\BUILD\

JAMES KENNELLY selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
JAMES KENNELLY (3189) | answered May 29 '13, 9:31 p.m.
Thank you, adding the Variable fixed the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.