It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Omitting component from scm command share

Brian Gottfried (15346) | asked May 23 '13, 10:12 a.m.
A somewhat esoteric question, but does anyone know if it's possible to not provide a component when using the share command in scm? I'm wondering what happens in the circumstance where you initially create a workspace repository and then use share to upload files to the workspace from your local workspace; in that case, I would think that there are no components in the repository, so you cannot provide a component to share the paths in. Or does the create command also create a default component?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 23 '13, 2:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As specified in the scm help, the component argument is mandatory. It's ambiguous if you wanted to share content without specifying where it should go. The create workspace command also does not create a default component for you. If you create a workspace and need to create a component, use the create component command.
Brian Gottfried selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brian Gottfried commented May 23 '13, 3:41 p.m.

Thanks Tim. I'll ensure that our developers know that they'll need to create a component in any new workspace before attempting to upload their files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.