It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the java API to check the loaded project in sandbox belong to which RTC component.

Swapnil Sahu (137) | asked Jul 04 '17, 12:43 a.m.
edited Jul 05 '17, 2:30 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello,

I have project loaded from RTC component into my sandbox (Project Explorer) and
I want java code to find out the RTC component details -( names, number of baselines).

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jul 05 '17, 2:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

-Files/folders in Eclipse are of type:org.eclipse.core.resources.IResource

-You can adapt these to an IShareable using:
   IShareable shareable = (IShareable) fileResource.getAdapter(IShareable.class);

-You can figure out which IShare (which is the share root folder) a given file belongs to using the following: (Note: This is normally n Eclipse Project folder)
   IShare share = shareable .getShare(monitor);

-From an IShare, you can get the ISharingDescriptor using the code below. This can give you the repository, workspace context, and component.
ISharingDescriptor sharingDescriptor = share.getSharingDescriptor();

-Most of the other API that you may want can be found in IWorkspaceConnection, as shown below. This will have API for retrieving the list of components (see: #getComponents()) or list of baselines (see: #getBaselinesInHistory()).
   ScmPlatform.getWorkspaceManager(repo).getWorkspaceConnection(workspaceHandle, monitor);

Swapnil Sahu selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.