It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exclude file download from stream to sandbox from Eclipse/VS client only

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked May 23 '13, 4:03 a.m.
Is it possible to exclude the file download from the stream to be done from Eclipse/VS client only Not from browser(IE8)(due to some local security concerns)?
If the permission is allocated, it seems that there is no way for the user to download file via thick client only, is that right? Or we have any workaround for that? Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '13, 8:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Don,

as far as I know if a user has read permissions, and the license to do so the server does not distinguish which client is used to access and download the code. I wonder if it even does or could know the client. I am not aware of a work around. Technically it is possible to hide the menus in the Web UI e.g. using this approach: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/59814/hide-menu-options-rtc-30 but be aware that this does not remove the capability and if the user manages to get to the web menu  despite your efforts to hide them, they could use them. You could try to filter request like this away using network techniques as well.

I am not sure if the effort is worth it, because I can't understand the security concern.
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented May 23 '13, 8:12 p.m.

Thanks Ralph for the suggestions.
I tried the way to hide the menus and it works. I would try this way for now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.