It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

source control on visual studio 2003 with RTC 4

Taglia Ibm (3535) | asked May 17 '13, 11:41 a.m.
retagged Oct 01 '14, 3:54 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hi all,
what is the best way to versioning code (.net 1.1) edited on Visual Studio 2003 with RTC 4 .

The solution I've tried so far is to use "Rational Team Concert Shell" versioning the directory.

I've explored these alternatives, but both unsuccessfully:
1) RTC-VisualStudio-Client 4.0.2 is not compatible with Visual Studio 2003
2) use as sourceControl the RTC-MSSCI-Client but on VS2003 doesn't  work.

here the error on using MSSCI client:

There was a failure while initializing the MSSCCI Provider source control provider. You cannot use this provider to perform source control operations

RTC MSSCI Client failure on VS2003

Best Regards

Mauro

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 17 '13, 2:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think it is a matter of how you prefer to work. If you like the shell client, continue using it. Otherwise, you could use the command line or the Eclipse client to manage your resources. Although, the Eclipse client option would be heavyweight since you're developing in VS 2003.
Taglia Ibm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Taglia Ibm commented May 19 '13, 4:24 p.m.
Thanks Tim for your answer,
do you think there are some possibility to use directly VS2003 integrated with the RTC4-MSSCCI protocol replacing VisualSourceSafe6 without the necessity to use eclipse or shell?

Mauro

Taglia Ibm commented May 20 '13, 12:47 p.m.

My last opinion is that VS2003 is not integrated with RTC4-MSSCCI so I will use shell client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.