It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC V4.0 Licence Type

David Beange (111356100) | asked May 16 '13, 10:09 a.m.
 Using an RTC V4.0 project are what type of licence is needed for using the SCM functionality with the WEB UI. In our test sandpit I have been allocated the RTC - Devleoper Floating licence which is a carry over from what we had with V3. However for V4 do we need an appropriate "Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Solution" licence instead?

I am set up as a user with PM role in the project and both teams in the Project Area and the PM has permissions checked for Source Code.

I was able to add new streams and components and deliver changes with the Eclispe Client but on the web the icons to Add Files and Folders are locked and not usable.

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 16 '13, 10:45 a.m.
edited May 16 '13, 10:49 a.m.
Hi David, as far as I know CLM 3.x licenses won't work with CLM 4.x, so yes you need 4.x licenses.

Secondly, you may refer to this article where Rosa has explained different types of licenses available in CLM 2012.

Finally, adding source files should depend on the role you have and what it allows but if you are observing an inconsistent behavior in the Web UI while performing SCM activities then please ensure you are using a supported browser or else you may want to contact Rational Support to investigate further.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.