It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Engines appears under Team Dashboard view, but not Team Artifact for 1 user

Vince Thyng (13723753) | asked May 14 '13, 12:45 p.m.
edited May 14 '13, 12:47 p.m.
No build engines are appearing in the Team Artifacts view for a single developer.  Other developers are able to see these.  However under Team Dashboard view this developer is able to see the build enginers.

What others can see:

What he can see in RAD from Team Dashboard view:

He can also see the build engines through the web client.

RAD is being used.  I have verified that there is a developer license assigned and all other permissions seem to be working properly.  Role is the same as other users who are not experiencing this problem.  I am not seeing any difference in the account settings, with other engineers, so I am suspecting some kind of local client issue now.  Can anyone confirm if RAD modifies the Team Artifacts view and could be interfering?

Edit: Hmmm, pictures appear in editor, but not seeing them after I save.  Hopefully not critical to getting help.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented May 14 '13, 6:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Vince.

Is everyone using RAD or just the person with the issue?
Does everyone see the build engines the same way from the web?
Dropping a client zip on a machine is pretty quick -- have you considered asking the developer to try a plain RTC client just long enough to determine if RAD is likely the source of the issue? 

Vince Thyng commented May 16 '13, 11:37 a.m.

Hi Millard,

Other developers are using RAD and not experiencing this issue.  One of the other developers has confirmed that they see the build engines the same way (correctly) from the web.

I have asked to have the developer try the RTC client without RAD.  Since there is an easy work around, I don't expect this to happen quickly.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.