It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to get different forms of output when sending requests through VBScript?

Phil Webb (312) | asked May 08 '13, 10:57 a.m.
Hi, I'm currently building a script to send GET requests to a RQM server in order to retrieve information about test cases.  The script is built however when I try to use the command string, I get back a html page with none of the information I need.  Run the same command through Firefox's HttpRequester addon and I get back the segment of XML I'm after.

I'm using the MSXML2.serverXMLHTTP.6.0 library with VBScript and am ignoring any certificate errors, would this configuration affect what output I'm getting?  Or is it sending me some default response data as there was issues with the certificate?

Thank you for your time and help.
Phil

Comments
Ara Masrof commented May 08 '13, 11:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Phil,

Have you added the Request Header  Accept text/xml or application/xml for the GET request in question?

Phil Webb commented May 08 '13, 11:53 a.m.

Hi Ara,
I've tried all four variations listed on the main Wiki, and get back the same html each time.
I should mention I'm passing a feedURL with some XPath filtering.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered May 09 '13, 7:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Phil, I believe the HTML page is the RQM login page (please confirm).  If so, your HTTP client has not successfully logged into RQM using basic/form authentication.
Phil Webb selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Phil Webb commented May 09 '13, 7:35 a.m.

Hi Paul, I can't find anything in the html to suggest it's the login page, however this is the same page I recieve when trying the same request through the Firefox addon without being logged in so it looks like this was the issue.

Thanks!

One other answer

permanent link
Marcelo Fiorito (1112) | answered Jun 10 '15, 8:57 a.m.
 Hi Phill,
I am trying to use REST API with VBScript but having trouble with certificates and the authentication as a whole.

Could you please share how you could get rid of the "invalid certification" problem? Also could you share how did you authenticate using the Form Based?

Thanks!

Regards,
Marcelo Fiorito

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.