It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC - How to export a sorted views/filter

Parviz Tafreshian (8311612) | asked May 03 '13, 7:18 a.m.

Hi,

i want to export a list of sorted requirements to csv. Unfortunately the exported file ist not correctly sorted like the filter it does. I have 280 requirements sorted after ArtefactID. The filter shows 50 requirements per page. I save the sorted filter to a view let say "ready to export" and try to export the filter "ready to export".

the exported file shows the requirements 1 to 50 sorted. After that are the requirements no more sorted!

Is that a defect? Any Workaround for exporting sorted views?

regards

Parviz

Comments
Erica Tran commented May 03 '13, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Parviz,

It does sound like a defect, but I was not able to reproduce the behavior you reported. 
I sorted an "All Terms" view with 269 Terms by artifact ID.  The Page size was set to 50 when I saved the view.
After export, the CSV file showed all artifact IDs in ascending order. 

I used version 4.0.2, what version of RRC did you use?
Do all views have this problem?
What if you try to sort by another column?

Parviz Tafreshian commented May 13 '13, 7:15 a.m.

Hi Erica,

we use version 4.0.1. Yes every view has the same problem and this happens to every column we try to sort after.

One answer

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered May 06 '13, 2:01 p.m.
Hi,
 Create a view with the attributes and sorting needs, save it and then right click on the view name and select export to CSV, That will give the proper output.

Comments
Parviz Tafreshian commented May 13 '13, 6:01 a.m.

Hi Gabriel,

did your view containes more than 50 artifacts? The export to csv works not correctly for views containing more than 50 artifacts.

Gabriel Ruelas commented May 13 '13, 11:23 a.m.

Hi, I just tried with a view with 64 artifacts and it worked fine,
Could you provide more details of the issue you are seeing?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.