It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

medium string attribute behavior change in 4.x

George Jutras (51108) | asked Apr 30 '13, 1:47 p.m.
We created a custom plugin so we could query a database for values to populate a drop-down list instead of using enumerations. This plugin uses the medium string attribute type. We noticed that it no longer behaves the way it did in RTC 3.x when using the eclipse client. Specifically, we noticed that the tab the attribute presentation is on no longer displays any of the presentations configured. When we remove the attribute presentation causing the issue all the other presentations re-appear. We do not see the issue when using the web client. Was the medium string attribute behavior changed for RTC 4.x?

Comments
Stephanie Bagot commented Jun 04 '13, 12:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not believe the medium string attribute was changed in 4.x, but since you are seeing an issue only in the eclipse client, I think it may have something to do with the presentation and layout, since this is inherently different on the web UI and eclipse client. The custom drop-down may be causing the attribute to take up much more room, thus not displaying the other attributes.
Try putting the attribute on a separate tab -- does is display as expected?
I would also ensure you are adding the attribute from the process configuration and not the source to make sure that your XML is intact.

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 04 '13, 1:53 p.m.
Another point is that it is recommended to rebuild your plugins against the 4.x code and redeploy, if you have not already done so.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.