It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filtered states by role

Nguyen Alain (1323) | asked Apr 30 '13, 6:00 a.m.
Hi everybody,
I use permission to restrict user to save defect work item in particular states. I'm wondering if there is a way to filter actions list following user's role.
For my example, developer can save defect work item in resolved state but not in validated state. I want to hide the Validate action.

Thanks and best regards,

Alain

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Apr 30 '13, 10:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Alain,

as far as I know, there is no such mechanism today. The save operation will just fail if not permitted. The reason for this architecture is probably to speed up the load process. However, I agree it would be nice to at least see that a save will fail in the UI before pressing the button. Please look at https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome you can search the work items and subscribe to ones you find important, providing your support. I didn't find anything obvious, but I am sure this request is already in there. If you can't find anything, submit your own request.  
Nguyen Alain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nguyen Alain commented May 13 '13, 7:01 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your feedback. I made a new request for this topic (Enhancement 264827).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.