It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - I don't have Jazz Team Server Access what can I do with Project Administrator access?

Tony Gyepi-Garbrah (5511419) | asked Apr 26 '13, 6:56 p.m.
edited Apr 29 '13, 10:26 a.m. by Stef van Dijk (2.0k179)
I wont be able to have access to Jazz Team Server. I wanted to know what administrative functions can I do without having access to JTS. 

If there is a list of comparisons for What I can do on JTS vs regular Web Project Admin Access.

Additional questions
Can I import source code (same functionality running clearfsimport process)
Can I configure projects, generate new projects, edit work streams, and components (i.e. add, edit, delete)
Can I utilize the full functionality of the jazz team build component of RTC, especially for loading source code, etc?
Thank You!

Accepted answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Apr 28 '13, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Tony

There is no administrative actions you can undertake without JazzAdmin or JazzProjectAdmins permission.

To be a Project level Admin, you should have atleast the JazzProjectAdmins repository group permission. See the following link for more details:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_permissions.html

Basically there are 3 level access that you would need to go through.
1) Have your user ID an appropriate license for SourceCode access (Developer)
2) If you wish to do ProjectLevel Admin activity - have yourself added to the JazzProjectAdmins group and have your self added into the Admins of the Project.
3) To acces code you need to have required Project level Access Privilege (Team member etc)

See the Understanding licenses, permissions, and access control
Tony Gyepi-Garbrah selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 29 '13, 2:59 a.m. | edited Apr 29 '13, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The project admin repository permission is only necessary for very few tasks that are mainly outside of the context of a project area as the table mentioned above shows. One essential is to send team invitations.

Being Administrator on the project area mainly provides you with the capability to grant yourself permissions that you don't have and make others project administrators. If you have the required permissions you can do most of the tasks required too. This includes modifying and saving the project area - if you have that permission. This includes, I think, sending team invitations.

I am Administrator of a project area and I don't have any admin repository permission.

One other answer

permanent link
Tony Gyepi-Garbrah (5511419) | answered Apr 28 '13, 8:08 p.m.
 KrishnaKanth: Thank you for the prompt response and getting back to me. This information is extremely helpful. 

Comments
KrishnaKanth Naik commented Apr 29 '13, 2:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad to be of assistance Tony.

I would request you to mark the responses as accepted answer, if you feel that your questions are answered. This helps other users to look up "Accepted answers" in jazz.net :). 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.