It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Download only changed code for the build

David C. (1112) | asked Apr 25 '13, 1:54 p.m.
edited Apr 25 '13, 4:44 p.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
 HI all,

I don't know if this was asked before and I also don't know if it's possible to do this.

I am using Jazz Build Toolkit connecting to a RTC server. Every time we request a new build, the JBE will download all the code from the Build Repository Workspace in RTC. I am wondering if it's possible to download only the code that has changed from the previous download to avoid long waiting times to download.

Thanks in advance.

David

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Apr 25 '13, 2:00 p.m.
The default is for the load to only load "missing" or updated content.  So, if the build is done into an empty location, you get everything downloade.

Comments
Spencer Murata commented Apr 25 '13, 4:46 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To elaborate more, are you using a load directory with variables depending on the build?  For best performance you should keep the build directory static, except for special situations where you want completely clean builds.

~Spencer 

permanent link
David C. (1112) | answered Apr 26 '13, 4:38 a.m.
 Yes, I am using a static directory, not depending on the build. And my experience is that even if I don't delete the workspace, everything gets downloaded again. Is there any option when you run JBE or in the build definition to modify that?

Thanks a lot for the replies.

Comments
Spencer Murata commented Apr 26 '13, 8:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a delete directory option in the JazzSCM participant that will remove the contents of the load directory.  That will also force a full reload.  The option is one of the check boxes under the load directory.  Also if for any reason the .jazz5 directory is removed from the load directory, the folder will not be recognized as versioned and will force a reload.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.