It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to debug ETL failure from the following URI


Kevin Ramer (4.5k6167186) | asked Apr 22 '13, 2:08 p.m.
edited Apr 26 '13, 10:52 a.m.
WOULD RUNNING FULL JOB ON WORK ITEMS BE WORTH A TRY ?


RTC 4.0.1 Work Items ETL job fails I *think* from this exception:

2013/04/13 03:59:49:786 EDT [ERROR] VegaDataServices - The following java.lang.IllegalArgumentException exception was thrown while processing the url: https://rtp-rtc8:9443/jazz/rpt/repository/workitem?modifiedsince=2013-04-04T00:00:00.000-0400&size=100&pos=300&fields=workitem/workItem[projectArea/archived=false]/(parent/uniqueId|projectArea/archived|uniqueId)&id=_G1PgkKQQEeKLAIhsH6l5OA
Invalid property name list. The property list includes the name "id" but that is not a valid property for the com.ibm.team.apt#IterationPlanRecord item type.
 <java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid property name list. The property list includes the name "id" but that is not a valid property for the com.ibm.team.apt#IterationPlanRecord item type.>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid property name list. The property list includes the name "id" but that is not a valid property for the com.ibm.team.apt#IterationPlanRecord item type.

I tried turning on ETL driver debug to see what server chucked the HTTP 500 (same server)
and saw these similar URI and the IOException:

page is available at https://rtp-rtc89443/jazz/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem%2FworkItem%5BprojectArea%2Farchived%3Dfalse%5D%2F%28parent%2FuniqueId%7CprojectArea%2Farchived%7CuniqueId%29&id=_GN7V0KtLEeKLBYhsH6l5OA&modifiedsince=2013-04-04T00%3A00%3A00.000-0400&size=100&pos=4300
2013-04-22 08:50:18,861 [                  Thread-20129]  INFO tional.drivers.jdbc.xml.internal.PageFetcherThread  - CRRRE1220I: Next page is available at https://rtp-rtc8:9443/jazz/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem%2FworkItem%5BprojectArea%2Farchived%3Dfalse%5D%2F%28parent%2FuniqueId%7CprojectArea%2Farchived%7CuniqueId%29&id=_GN7V0KtLEeKLBYhsH6l5OA&modifiedsince=2013-04-04T00%3A00%3A00.000-0400&size=100&pos=4400
2013-04-22 08:50:20,448 [                  Thread-20129] ERROR tional.drivers.jdbc.xml.internal.PageFetcherThread  - An exception occurred when connecting to the remote server:
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://rtp-rtc8.:9443/jazz/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem%2FworkItem%5BprojectArea%2Farchived%3Dfalse%5D%2F%28parent%2FuniqueId%7CprojectArea%2Farchived%7CuniqueId%29&id=_GN7V0KtLEeKLBYhsH6l5OA&modifiedsince=2013-04-04T00%3A00%3A00.000-0400&size=100&pos=4400
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

I can find no Process Areas (or any item for that matter) with the ITEM_ID _G1PgkKQQEeKLAIhsH6l5OA in the RTC database associated with this server, nor with any other database associated with our group of CLM applications.

This seems to point to a work item attribute, but this repository has 50+ project areas (most are Scrum) although a few are Eclipse Way (which IIRC has Plan Item work item type)

Suggestions ?


Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 22 '13, 4:44 p.m.

On-line verify was run. Only 1 finding which is not likely to have impact on this.

2013-04-22 15:38:42,274 The ITEM_STATE row with itemId = [UUID _6yQjEe8CEd2yIeev1Lnhgg], keyId = [UUID _9iD4EK6rEd6TVbfDoX3BYg], and itemType = com.ibm.team.repository#RepositoryRoot contained an item that references the predecessor state [UUID _z41F4HPEEd6nn8H_VDj5lw], but that state could not be found in the DB. There are no states older than this state, so the history seems to have been truncated.


Kevin Ramer commented Apr 23 '13, 3:46 p.m.

I'm finding that a simple change of &id=_G1PgkKQQEeKLAIhsH6l5OA

to

&uniqueId=_G1PgkKQQEeKLAIhsH6l5OA

works.  Now the question becomes "Why did this change ?"  But I'll let the folks working on my PMR help.

One answer



permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k6167186) | answered May 30 '13, 8:29 a.m.
After working with Rational L3, it was found that for some unknown reason a work item had parent link that was an Iteration, not another work item.   I worked around the issue by setting the MODIFIED column on the work item in the database to well before the failure date of Apr 4, 2013.  Now jobs are running successfully.

We determined the problem by stepwise moving throught the REST URI in small increments starting near where the ETL reported failure.  Once we narrowed within a range of 10 or so work items we added the id to the query by changing (parent/uniqueId|projectArea/archived|uniqueId) to (id|parent/uniqueId|projectArea/archived|projectArea/name|uniqueId).

Only then could we find the errant work item link.

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.