It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Forge Date timezone format issue

Leo Hui (1522) | asked Apr 15 '13, 10:47 p.m.
My location is in Sydney Australia and I have set the timezone to "GMT+10:00" instead of "Australian Eastern Standard Time". However when I used .date command .date %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z, it will return my timezone as whole name instead of GMT+10:00 like this:

2013-04-16 11:48:12 AUS Eastern Standard Time

I realized rbf's .date is based on POSIX strftime() function, %Z is the name or abbreviation of time zone and %z (lowercase) is the numeric representation of timezone. However rbf does not have %z available.

is there a way to return the timezone as numbers as I am doing further processing with the returned time.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Apr 16 '13, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The code filters based on allowed parameters (as I'm sure you've found, we will ignore %z).  As such, using .date, there isn't a way to do what you want to do.  You would have to make an external shell call to parse your timezone based on the TZ in that shell.  

This is a reasonable request, and one that is simple enough to implement.  I would suggest making an RFE submission to get the %z parameter supported by .date

Leo Hui selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.