It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query result to display as a single progress bar or progress report on a dashboard

Nicholas Carbone (6168) | asked Apr 09 '13, 6:18 p.m.
I am wondering if anyone has found a way using the out of the box RTC support to take the result of a query (in this case a set of user stories) and get a single progress bar or or some other progress report, showing open, working, done in some format and display that via a widget on a dashboard?  We plan to use tags to identify certain groupings of user stories and want to report an overall status for each tag value.  I can see this kind of thing while viewing a plan, e.g. one that is grouped by tag.  It seems to be a rather straight forward thing to be able to do and I can see many people wanting to see something like this able to be presented on a dashboard (without having to actually navigation to the plan).

One answer

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Apr 10 '13, 1:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 10 '13, 1:08 a.m.
There are 3 planning related viewlets that can be used for this purpose.

You can try Plan Statistics Viewlet if you are looking for just the work item count.
You can select a Plan and select the grouping.
It will show you the bars for each grouping selected.
This will not show the progress bar but just the work item count.
You can also specify filters to group results under custom labels.

You can also select a plan to be seen within a viewlet using Plan View viewler
If you want just the progress bar for the plans this is possible in Plans Viewlet.

Comments
Nicholas Carbone commented Apr 10 '13, 9:07 a.m.

Aradhya, thanks for your quick response.

I have seen the Plan Statistics Viewlet.  Seeing the number of work items for each tag value is not useful.  I can do this same thing with work item queries.

The Plan View Viewlet does not provide a progress bar.  What it can do is display the plan (similar to as if I were viewing the plan on the web UI) and if I happen to include the progress field as a column, I can see that.  The big fat gray bars that represent the grouping, in this case the individual tags, does not show the collective progress bar (which is is what I want).  I can see the collective progress bar viewing the plan in the eclipse client, but not on the web UI.

What I want to be able to do is see a collective progress bar for a set of user stories that are the result of a query.  And this has to be able to be seen on the dashboard without having to drill down into query results or a plan view.  And, there should be some active link on this viewlet that runs the query so I can see the individual items, in case someone needed to drill down to get to the finer level of detail.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.