It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Snapshot tables with Rational Insight

Steve Mulligan (1761321) | asked Apr 09 '13, 4:30 p.m.

The current ETL that I run for RTC 3.0 gets RTC data from the Snapshot tables (e.g. COMMON_SNAPSHOT.CONTRIBUTOR) in the RTC DB2 database. 

With the Rational Insight 1.1.1.1 system that we are evaluating, the Snapshot tables are not populated.  The RI Data Manager ETL uses XML ODBC to access the RTC data, so Snapshot tables are not required. 

We would like to run the existing ETL against the Snapshot tables in parallel with the RI ETL until all our datawaouse and reporting requirements are ported to RI.

Can the Snapshot tables be populated with CLM and RI? 

One answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Apr 09 '13, 5:01 p.m.
Our team does this today. In CLM you set your data provider to 'Local' instead of 'Warehouse' and the data mart will be populated via the data movement tasks from the CLM server.   You can then still run the ETL's from Rational Insight to populate the warehouse.

I don't believe this is the recommended method - the data warehouse is preferred over the data mart (Snapshot tables) and I think starting with CLM 4.0.1 you will get reduced reporting functionality if you use this instead of warehouse.

Comments
Steve Mulligan commented Apr 10 '13, 2:45 p.m.

You are referring to a datamart being populated via the data movement tasks from the CLM server.  Are you referring to a datamart in the CLM warehouse?   The Snapshot tables I am referring to are in the Live RTC database, not the CLM warehouse.  The non-CLM ETL I am currently running gets RTC 3.0 data directly from those Snapshot tables and puts it into are existing warehouse.   When we move to RTC 4.0, I would like to run both the existing non-CLM ETL against the Live Snapshot tables into our existing warehouse and run the Rational Insight ETL through the XML ODBC interface.  The Snapshot tables in our current Live RTC 3.0 database are currently being populated.  However, the Snapshot tables are not being populated in the Live RTC database for our evaluation CLM 4.0.1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.