It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RichText() Modifier

Bob Smith (144) | asked Apr 08 '13, 4:13 p.m.

Can someone explain if the RichText() Modifier can be used with Word document or only can be used with Excel. If it can be used with Word, can someone please present an example of how to reference a Word Table and Row when using the RichText() modifier. I have referenced a Word table with the Pre() and Div() modifiers, but that doesn't work with the RichText() modifier.

Example. testcase.dc:title=Pre(Table(1).A1) - How would you reference this using RichText() ?

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 09 '13, 10:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Bob Smith commented Apr 09 '13, 10:47 p.m.

Hao,

I am using the Import tool for Word 4.0.3M2 and using it with Word 2007. Is the Defect that a Style other than normal is not supported?

I tried to use the notation that you show above for the RichText() modifier, but line breaks, bulleted lists and numbered lists are ignored and two sentences are strung together, bullets and numbers are ignored.

Also, can you show me an example of using the List() modifier. I have my test cases in a well formed Word document with paragraph numbering as shown below. How would I use the List() Modifier to parse through the Word document and extract the content paragraphs from the numbered paragraph and import that paragraph content into RQM and various text sections. For example, I want to take the sentence under E.1.1 Objective and put it into the RQM Test Design section of the Test Case. Likewise for Pre-Conditions, I wan to put the content of the paragraph underneath E.1.2 into the RQM Pre-Condition section of the Test Case.

E.1 Test Case Title: This Test does XYZ

E.1.1 Objective
The objective of this test is to find X

E.1.2 Pre-Conditions
The test data needs xxx

Bob Smith commented Apr 09 '13, 10:47 p.m.

I am also trying to use the Link() modifier or LinkExisting(Modifier) as follows. I export content from my Test Case that are in Word to an XML file which I then import into RQM as a RQM Test Case. So, now I have the RQM Test Case ID Number. Next, I place the RQM Test Case ID Number into the Test Procedure Steps table. For example, I place the RQM Test Case ID "10" into Table 1 Column A Row 1 and the Test Steps start in Column B Row 2. I tried to use the syntax shown below to export the ID number as part of the Test Steps so that when I import the Test Steps into RQM as a Test Script a link to RQM Test Case "10" will be automatically established. This syntax does not work. The XML file contains all of the Test Steps from the Word document, but not the RQM Test Case ID Number.
testscript.testcase=Link(Table(1).A1)

I also tried testscript.testcase=Link("10") and that doesn't work either. The XML file contains no reference to the Link ID "10".

Thanks for your help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.