It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Another ugly child

Alex Revetchi (611) | asked Nov 24 '08, 1:31 p.m.
I gave it a try and I do not like it. The UI still inherits the clearquest web ui concept (it reminds me about CQ a lot).
Many things are not intuitive, as a reference just look at JIRA UI, try to install it and get your first project setup.

P.S. I expect tomatoes thrown my direction, but could not keep quiet :)

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 24 '08, 3:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I gave it a try and I do not like it. The UI still inherits the clearquest web ui concept (it reminds me about CQ a lot).
Many things are not intuitive, as a reference just look at JIRA UI, try to install it and get your first project setup.

P.S. I expect tomatoes thrown my direction, but could not keep quiet :)

Hi Alex

I suspect you will be rather disappointed if you are expecting tomatoes - there is a very polite and reasonable bunch of users and developers on this forum.

Given your comparison to JIRA, it sounds like you might not have got very far into the product - RTC does a lot more than defect tracking. It's worth digging a little deeper if you have the time.

Why not stick around, make some good suggestions, log some enhancements, and we can collectively make this a better product. I am sure your comments will be more appreciated than you might imagine.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Alex Revetchi (611) | answered Nov 24 '08, 5:01 p.m.
Hi Anthony,

First think I want to apologize for the first post, it looks more like shouting then a constructive conversation, it was a first reaction to RTC install and startup process (what is a breeze on JIRA). And if I would not write this first short post probably I would give it up later, so wrote it wile I was "angry" :) And I know that RTC is much more then what JIRA is.

I think that jazz is a great platform, so it deserves a UI with a better usability.

I'll play around with RTC few days and I'll try to get a list of thinks that I'd like to see in the UI changed, as there is a lot of cool functionality, that is not very handy exposed to the users IMHO.

Thanks,
Alex

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 24 '08, 5:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony,

First think I want to apologize fro the first post, it looks more like shouting then a constructive conversation, it was a first reaction to RTC install and startup process (what is a breeze on JIRA). And if I would not write this first short post probably I would give it up later, so wrote it wile I was "angry" :) And I know that RTC is much more then what JIRA is.

I think that jazz is a great platform, so it deserves a UI with a better usability.

I'll play around with RTC few days and I'll try to get a list of thinks that I'd like to see in the UI changed, as there is a lot of cool functionality, that is not very handy exposed to the users IMHO.

Thanks,
Alex

No problem...I am sure people will appreciate your feedback when you build up your list. You only get one chance to have first impressions on a product - so capture them while you are still "angry" :-)

Apologies if you have tried this already - but walking through the User Workshop is a good way to try out the tool once you have it up and running. It covers many of the key aspects of RTC and should give you quite a balanced view:

https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/workshop/index.html

And if you have questions - ask in this forum, plenty of people around to help.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.