It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Checking and changing work item status

Anna Wymyslowska (112) | asked Nov 24 '08, 5:18 a.m.
How can I check work item status from Java program for example if it is not "New" and change it to "Reopen".
Thank you

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 24 '08, 5:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How can I check work item status from Java program for example if it is not "New" and change it to "Reopen".
Thank you

Apologies if I misunderstood your question, I assume you want to create a query from your Eclipse client?? If this is correct, I think you wanted this:

Create a new query. On the conditions tab, select Status as the attribute and the value to Reopened.

This is specific to the Eclipse Way workflow.

anthony

permanent link
Anna Wymyslowska (112) | answered Nov 24 '08, 5:56 a.m.
I mean Java application. I need specific classes and methods responsible for setting and getting work item status.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Nov 24 '08, 4:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I mean Java application. I need specific classes and methods responsible for setting and getting work item status.

Whoops - sorry - my misunderstanding.

Try the jazz.extend forum if you don't get any better answers here.

anthony

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 25 '08, 3:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
The following wiki page describes how to programmatically access and alter work item attributes: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation .
There is also a section about plain java clients. Have a look at the various methods in IWorkItemClient, there are some to get the workflow info of a work item.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.