It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to run a Rational Build Forge "Hello World" Project on z/OS system?

Jaco Olivier (2312) | asked Mar 25 '13, 6:37 a.m.

I've managed to sucessfully execute Hello World (echo Hello) projects on a MS server and an AIX server but as soon as i attempt a similar project on a Mainframe TSO environment (os/390 MVS) it fails.

It seems the problem is that a working directory (in the form of a folder structure) cannot be created on the mainframe.

JOB Log

My question is how do i go about configuring Rational Build Forge to run projects on a os/390 MVS environment?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Apr 02 '13, 1:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 As Sean says, the agent needs to be operating in the USS file system.  The above MKDIR command is a result of the agent's configured working directory (a server object property).  Modify this setting for your server object inside of Build Forge and that should resolve this issue.

Jaco Olivier selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jaco Olivier commented Apr 16 '13, 5:30 a.m.

Server path changed to MVS Build Kit USS directory and it worked.

One other answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Apr 01 '13, 8:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jaco, what are you trying to build?

From the messages it looks like you're trying to create a directory within a partitioned data set (PDS). This is impossible. Directories can only be created within the USS file system on MVS - partitioned data sets are another file system entirely.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.