It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unload and Delete All Repository Workspaces

Jitesh Saha (1710) | asked Sep 24 '19, 1:08 a.m.

I am using an RTC Eclipse client. And My goal is to Unload and delete all the loaded respository workspaces from my client at the same time. I am looking to automate the whole process of selecting all RWS and then subsequently Unload and Delete the RWSs. but I am not aware if there exists a REST API or a feature that lets you do that. Is there anyway to achieve this ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 24 '19, 1:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 24 '19, 1:35 a.m.

The first question that comes to mind is:

Why would you want to do that? Requiring such an automation seems to indicate that there is a proliferation of repository workspaces. In addition there are limitations on how many loaded components RTC can handle, especially if there is a need to detect local changes. this should really not be an issue.

Secondly, in RTC 6.0.x all your repository workspaces show up in the team artifacts view in the My Workspaces section. It is easy to select one or more workspaces, right-click and use the Unload Menu entry. Same with delete. The same should be visible and possible in the pending changes view.

Thirdly, the Eclipse client is developed using the RTC SDk wich is a JAVA API, available and could be used for this kind of automation.  You first have to understand what API’s are available and what you can extend. Read https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ if you want to go there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.