It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Operational Behaviors inherited?

Scott Chapman (3216547) | asked Nov 20 '08, 2:22 p.m.
So, we have created operational behaviors for iteration types. Basically we want to require approvals when we are in Dev Stabilization Phase.

But when we create an interation using that iteration type, I am not seeing the operational behavior inherited from the type.

We are Using Jazz RTC 1.0

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Nov 20 '08, 4:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Scott,

By not seeing the operation behavior, do you mean that the Operation Behavior section of the Process Editor does not show anything configured for the iteration? If so, this is expected. The Operation Behavior section only shows the configuration that was set on the iteration itself, not the inherited behaviors from the iteration type, dev line or team configuration.

If you mean that the precondition does not appear to be run when the current iteration is one of your new iteration type, use the "Why did this happen?" link from the Team Advisor view to see what role was used to determine what precondition to use. Then, check that the precondition is configured for that role.

Martha
Jazz Developer

So, we have created operational behaviors for iteration types. Basically we want to require approvals when we are in Dev Stabilization Phase.

But when we create an interation using that iteration type, I am not seeing the operational behavior inherited from the type.

We are Using Jazz RTC 1.0

permanent link
Scott Chapman (3216547) | answered Nov 20 '08, 4:35 p.m.
Thanks. It just wasn't showing it to me, to it wasn't clear if it was actually inheriting the behavior or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.