It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1: How can we automatically create component baseline in Jazz Build?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Mar 05 '13, 7:54 p.m.

Hello,

I realized that the Jazz Source Control build engine and definition do not have the option to create component baseline and deliver them. It does have the option to create snapshot and assign the owner to the flow target.

One option is to call SCM command line inside ANT script to do the baseline creation. However, it sound better to have the build engine/definition provide the option to do so.

BTW, I did not find a jazz ANT task to create component baseline, either. The only option is via SCM command line.

Is there already an enhancement work item for this? Or I missed something? Tips are appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Frank

2 answers

permanent link
Joseph Mao (440189) | answered Mar 05 '13, 11:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
when create snapshot, it will create baseline for all components included in the stream.

Comments
Frank Ning commented Mar 06 '13, 5:40 a.m.

Hi Joseph,

However, I don't see new baselines created in the stream. I only see new snapshots created and assigned to the stream. Is this a bug? Do I need to open a PMR?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 06 '13, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can set a post build deliver for your build definition. It will replace the target with the baselines created during the build. It doesn't do this by default because when the build creates the snapshot, it creates it on the build workspace. If any baselines are created, they will be in the build workspace.

Comments
Frank Ning commented Mar 06 '13, 1:00 p.m.

Hi Tim,

Thanks.

It is weird. After logged off and logged in on another computer, I now see the newly created baseline for the component with new changesets. I will give it more try to see if I have to logout/login to see the new baselines.  I recall I did "refresh" on the component. I will try that first after a new build with new changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.