It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Needs to create a query which will show hierarchy view of Parent Story with Children Task?

Rajeev Verma (1112) | asked Mar 05 '13, 5:11 p.m.
 Needs to create a query which will show hierarchy view of Parent Story with Children Task?   Will also need to export to csv so that hierarchy view parent story with children task.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Mar 06 '13, 7:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajeev,

I created a query that I believe fulfills your requirements:

I began by creating a new query with the following conditions:
Type is Story
Children > Type is Task

I edited the Column Display so that the Children column was displayed in the query results.

I saved my query and clicked run.

I can then click on the Download as Spreadsheet (.csv) button.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rajeev Verma commented Mar 06 '13, 10:38 a.m.

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for your help.

Could you please help with Summary section as  hierarchy view parent story with children task.

Example:

Id   Summary     Children

1    Story_1       2,3

2    Task_1        -

3    Task_2        -

4    Stroy_2       5,6

5    Task_3       -

6    Task_4       -

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Mar 06 '13, 10:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rajeev,
I'm not sure what you mean?  The summary is listed in the query results.

Rajeev Verma commented Mar 06 '13, 11:12 a.m.

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for your help.  Could you please run your suggested query with pleany of story and task.  Do you get the summary  hierarchy view for Story and task?

Does this make sense?  If it does not and I can call you.  Please privde a way so that I can talk to you.  Thanks again for your help.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Mar 07 '13, 6:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rajeev,
I ran the query in our RTC project area.  I'm including a screenshot of a portion of the results.  There were over 1000 results.  You can create the query yourself and see the results at https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newQuery.

3 other answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Mar 07 '13, 7:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In case you're having difficulty viewing the image I included in the comments section of my first answer, I'm including it here:

Comments
Rajeev Verma commented Mar 07 '13, 9:20 a.m.

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for the info.  I am looking to get the info exported to csv file with NOT only the task numbers but also the summary part of it.  This only shows up on the screen but NOT in exported csv format and also NOT in View Full Result in Printable Format.

Example:

Is it possible to get the summary  hierarchy view for Story and task?

Example for desire query:

The report you have with story id 253416 Summary and all the children task also shows up as hiearchy view in Summary and also allows it to export to a csv file and View Full Result in Printable Format.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Mar 07 '13, 10:55 a.m. | edited Mar 07 '13, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rajeev,
I think I finally understand what you mean.  The problem you're hitting is that while the query results display the summary of the children, the csv file and view full results in printable format do not.  I created a query that returns stories that have tasks as children and tasks that have stories as parents.

The problem is that there is not a good way to sort these in the ui.  I think if you downloaded this as a csv, you could use a spreadsheet program to sort these by the id if it was a story or by the parent id if it was a task.

You could submit an enhancement request for this issue.

Rajeev Verma commented Mar 07 '13, 7:14 p.m.

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for the info.  I created the suggested query but it will not produce any output.  Would you be kind enogh to submit an enhancment request for us.  If you us to submit it then could you please tell us the process for it.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Mar 08 '13, 7:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rajeev,

I'm surprised you didn't get any output.  To make sure you're setting up the query correctly, you could create the query in our RTC project area, which has plenty of data that will return results.

To submit an enhancement request, go to My Stuff (there is a link at the top of this page).  Click the Submit a Bug option and choose Rational Team Concert.  This will create a new defect for you in the RTC project area.  Since you'll want an enhancement instead, use the Work Items menu to create a new enhancement.  You may want to include a link to this forum post in the description.

permanent link
Praveen Chougala (31833) | answered Aug 08 '16, 8:28 a.m.
Hi Rajeev,

did you find any solution for this hierarchical query. even i want same query but not able get it in parent child way.

Let me know, if you have achieved this.

Thanks,
Praveen

permanent link
Usha Deval (1312) | answered Jul 10 '18, 2:20 a.m.

Hi Rajeev,

Even I am looking for the same query which u were excepting it to be . May I please know do u got any solution for this now .

Kindly let me know ,if u have got any solution or workaround .

Thanks ,
Usha

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.