It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to show/hide a tab in a work item presentation depending on value in specific field?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Mar 05 '13, 3:59 p.m.
 Hi,

We have a customer who wants a tab in work item enabled based on the value in a specific field.  Basically it would appear in the form for the user to input additional information.  If the field value doesn't require this additional information it wouldn't appear. 

The additional information is enough fields to where an additional tab is warranted and we couldn't just list all the additional fields under the same tab. 

For now I can just create the tabs and specify (if needed) in the label, but long term they wanted it to be more dynamic.  

Is this possible through a plug-in or another way?  I remember seeing conversations before about hiding tabs based on certain values but not sure where that stands now.

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Apr 30 '13, 7:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

I was intrigued by your question, so I did some searching around.  It's possible that using hideifempty combined with autocollect may work for you.  https://jazz.net/library/article/130/

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 30 '13, 9:19 a.m.
edited Apr 30 '13, 9:20 a.m.
As far as I can see, this is not possible as of 4.0.2. Since you have some time it might be worth opening an Enhancement request

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.