It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE - Publishing RTC Work Items using reportable REST API

Glyn Costello (140151) | asked Nov 04 '21, 10:24 a.m.
Hi,

I believe I have correctly assembled a GET URL for an RTC work item, however, using Talend API tester, I get a "302 Found" but no content.

This is first dabble into publishing from RTC having spent years publishing from DNG and DOORS 9.6.

What am I missing here?

https://[server]/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem[id=3980]/(description|summary|severity|state)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 04 '21, 11:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 04 '21, 11:27 a.m.
You get a 302 if you are not authenticated against EWM and have "follow redirect" switched off in your HTTP client.

Glyn Costello selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Glyn Costello commented Nov 04 '21, 11:32 a.m.

I did add an "Authentication" to the request, however, if I access the application and log in, then I no longer get the 302 response.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 04 '21, 12:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure I understand. You need to be properly authenticated if you want to access a protected resource. the redirects and status values are part of an authentication dance that could be implemented. Different Server setups support different authentications. Basic Auth is the fallback, I believe. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.