It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SQL query failing while importing work items from csv file

Joshua Giangrande (2611216) | asked Mar 05 '13, 2:28 p.m.
Hi everyone,

I am consistently running into a problem while importing work items using the built-in importer through Eclipse. I have imported probably 2000+ work items without incident, but a number of work items across many of the csv files I have been using throw the following error:

Could not create work item from <file>.csv (Line 2)
CRJAZ0368I A SQL query failed to execute properly on the server.
stmt = select t1.ITEM_ID, t1.STATE_ID from MODEL.CATEGORY t1 where ((t1.PROJECT_AREA_ITEM_ID = ?) and (t1.INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ID = ?)

I have asked the DB admin to look into the issue, but she claims that the particular command runs without issue when she fills in values. I have only seen this happen for maybe 5 work items in total, while other work items of the same exact type, with the same map file, import without issue.

Does anyone know where I could look to find more info about this, or has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,
- Josh

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jul 23 '13, 3:12 a.m.
Hello Joshua,
Definietely you should look into ccm.log file on your server. It should contain more details what and why exactly failed on the server.

Let me know if it helps for you.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.