It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to config RTC Server via WAS

Elvin Jiang (1178) | asked Mar 05 '13, 10:16 a.m.

I installed WAS8.0 and RTC4.0.1. I run the following scripts to set the prioraty env.(I did not install tomcat at all)

wsadmin.bat -language jython -user Administrator -password afeng_1234 -f C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/was/clm_was_config.py C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf

wsadmin.bat -language jython -user Administrator -password afeng_1234 -f C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/was/clm_deploy.py  RTCWASVOND RTCServer C:/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/webapps/

After then I restart the WAS and started all the jts,ccm,qm and rm Apps and try to config the jts server(notes: I am not trying to use LDAP, so did not do any group-mapping):begin with the URL https://localhost:9443/jts/setup, and I got the login UI. but when I try to log in as "ADMIN"(default passward also "ADMIN"), I only got a error message said that "the user or passward is invalid".

I have no idea what happened, for this is the first step and I did not use LDAP, where is the user ADMIN? or did I miss any steps when setting the env.

hope that you can give me a reply, thanks!!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Mar 05 '13, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Elvin,

if you do not integrate LDAP with WAS, did you set up security with Federated Realm? You will need to create local users and groups in WAS. You will also need to map the local WAS groups to the repository roles of Jazz for each app (/jts, /ccm etc.). So if you create a group "WASAdmin" and map that to the "JazzAdmin" role, if you put e.g. the user wasadmin into the "WASAdmin" group, you can log on to your Jazz Server as wasadmin and run setup.

Follow the instructions in jazz.net article 97 in order to add local users and groups to WAS.

If this is an acceptable answer, please accept the answer.

- Arne
Elvin Jiang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Elvin Jiang commented Mar 06 '13, 6:06 p.m.

thanks, that help me a lot...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.