It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC All plans page : indicator for estimate complete

ed Neubecker (15322647) | asked Mar 04 '13, 10:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 05 '13, 2:42 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
On the plans page for RTC when you "show all plans", I am confused as to what the % at the right hand side of the progress bar represents. I thought it represented the % of work items in the plan that have been estimated. Here are some screen shots of a RTC 4.0.0.1 project (from the JKE sample) that does not match up if that is suppose to represent "% of items estimated".
The indicator on right of the status bar of the  "all plans" page indicates 78%. But when we open up the details of this plan, we see that 100% of the work items have an estimate.    What is causing this discrepancy?

All plans
Drilling down into BRM Sprint 2 plan we see that ALL work items do have an estimate (both stories and task/defects).
Sprint Details

Can someone explain this anomaly or help me interpret this indicator on the "all plan" page of RTC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Mar 06 '13, 1:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 06 '13, 11:55 p.m.
This seems to be an unreported defect (well, until now). There are some existing defects related to percentage estimated (for example, we currently count items, like Impediments, in the percentage, even though those items don't even carry an estimate field).

Defect with simple example filed as Major: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/254858
ed Neubecker selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.