It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Find and Replace" functionality when editing a Test Script

Luke Watson (111) | asked Mar 04 '13, 7:10 a.m.
Hey Guys,

I'm currently editing a Test Script in Rational Quality Manager v4.0

Although ctl+f allows the user "Find" functionality, There does not seem to be a "Find and Replace" option available.

The script in question has around 200 instances of the particular word that needs replacing. Does anybody know if this functionality exists? It is very time consuming editing each word one by one within the script.

I normally keep my Test Material in an Excel SS then import it into the tool when ready, The scripts in question are legacy and were already in QM when i took them over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 04 '13, 7:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, this capability is not supported in the RQM UI.  You could use the RQM Reportable API to GET the test script XML, manually find/replace in the test script XML, and PUT the updated test script XML.

Comments
Luke Watson commented Mar 04 '13, 8:36 a.m.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your prompt answer. Do you know if this feature is listed as an enhancement and if it earmarked for any future release?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.