It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I get information of context from where SaveWorkIem operation is executing.

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Mar 01 '13, 7:29 a.m.
edited Mar 01 '13, 7:42 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Hi All,

Query result right click option modifies data (planned for)in work ticket.   I just want to disable that option to "Planned for" attribute.. It should not be allowed to all users.

I can't do that through Role based Pre condition in Configuration We have other thing that stoping me to do that.

I just thought of showing error message on right click --> change "palnned for"

In server pre- condition  Can I get information from ISaveParameter or any class/object about saveoperation

wether save is done by web client/eclipse client/ query result to validate  and show errror message.

Thanks,

Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 01 '13, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You don't have control over what right click does in the planning view (unless you want to do some serious coding).
WRT finding the context of the request, why do you want to protect the planning view from changes but not the other views?   A user would just go to the unprotected view to make the change.   Perhaps you could explain what is preventing you from using role-based control for this.

Comments
kavita herur commented Mar 02 '13, 9:17 p.m.

Hi Geoffrey,

Actually in our PA all pre conditions executed on default role. I want this to be executed on all roles but,I have no idea on any built in pre condition that will block users modifying data(Planned for) from query result(if that cloumn is selected in query result).

In our process definition, planned for can not be changed by all users. Once WT is submitted planned for becomes read ony we have defined another attribute there new have has to be given.we have pre condition defined, whenever new value is assigned, it generates child WT  that should be approved by leaders. After this only panned for will be assigned with new value.

Currently planned for can be modified by query result and its not triggering our pre condition.

I just want to block that feature..

Thanks,

Kavita

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 02 '13, 11:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Server-side process preconditions are caught from all clients (if not, it is a bug). 
In particular, I did a quick check in RTC-4.0.1, and if you set the "Read-only attribute for type and state" pre-condition for the Planned-For attribute, it prevents changing that attribute in all clients, including the planning view in the web and Eclipse clients.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.