It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Modify a work item by a member of Team Area if Filed Against (category) is unassigned

Ahmed Omair (41334) | asked Mar 25 '15, 4:16 a.m.
I have following category hierarchy in RTC
Unassigned -> Project Area
    Cat A -> Team A
    Cat B -> Team B

now what i want to do is if I am member of Team A then i want to modify work items filed against Cat A and also filed against Unassigned.

Is their any way i can do this. Once condition is the member must not be defined at the root level as i don't want the member modify work item filed against Cat B.

Looking for a clean and urgent solution.

Regards,
Ahmed Omair

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 25 '15, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, that should be possible. However, being a user added to the project area has nothing to do with it as far as I can tell. This describes how permissions work:
Process permissions lookup in Rational Team Concert 2.0

All is based on roles and the context.

If Work Items are filed against Team A they are owned by that team area. You can revoke any permission to modify work items that are owned by this team area from roles that should not be able to do so. For example the everyone role.

You have to figure out (from the link above) what role a user has in the context of Team A, Team B and the project area, if he is member of a certain team area and what roles should be able to save work items in this context.

In your context, I would just revoke the permission to modify work items in the process configuration of the team area B (not the process configuration of the project area). This way, only members of the team area B with a role (other than everyone) assigned can modify those work items. Users in Team B could modify work items on project area level and the ones filed against Team A, if the everyone role has the permission.

You can refine based on this information.

Ahmed Omair selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.