It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error: "Actual Result is required for every step"

Georg Kellner (840378109) | asked Feb 26 '13, 3:31 a.m.
I'm facing the following problem:
When I run a manual script, I can't simply click on passed or failed without typing something into "Actual results".
The error is:
"Failed to update result. Precondition not met: Actual Result is required for every step"

I've checked the pre-conditions in the project-area.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/milestones/4.0.1M4?p=news#require_result
In "Save Test Case results" there are two precons, but not the "Require an actual result".

I've deleted all precons for this action - nothing happens.
I've set "Require an actual result" with the option for failed or blocked steps, nothing happens.

For all test steps and all results.

It seems, as any configuration overrides the settings for this project area.

Where can the problem be found?

greetings georg.

Comments
Lisa Caten commented Feb 26 '13, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know how this interacts with the new precondition, but there is a setting named Require Actual Result For Step that can be set to either True or False.

In Application Administration (Quality Management), under Configuration, click Advanced Properties. Scroll down to Test Execution Component, and click Edit for the first property group, which contains Require Actual Result For Step.

3 answers

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Feb 26 '13, 6:58 a.m.
Could you check if you are modifying the precondition of the 'Project Area' or the 'Team Area'?
If its the Team Area, is this test script part of that team area?

Best Regards
Rajat

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Feb 26 '13, 7:02 a.m.
Team Area support is not configured for thois Project Area.

greetings georg.

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Feb 27 '13, 6:17 a.m.
Okay, the settings described by Lisa solved the problem.
Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.