It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

using was in CLM 2011 or CLM 2012 should we open the port 9043?

Natalia Trofimov (391714) | asked Feb 25 '13, 3:41 p.m.
Hi, can you please tell me if we should open the port 9043 if we are planning to install CLM 2012 on WAS? or,any other ports
Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Frank Ning (50025119133) | answered Feb 26 '13, 5:54 a.m.

As Stephane mentioned, you can customize what port to use.

Based on my experience, I would recommend to

Use IBM HTTPs Server as the proxy server and use the HTTPS (default port 443) such that you only need to ask the network security guy (or yourself) to open only the port 443 to the client machines. If you configure the embedded "web server" inside WAS to use port 443, it may not be a good idea unless you won't need an HTTPS server at all.

Of course, the systsmes holding servers used by CLM (database, app servers) need to have the required ports opened to each other, which are normally within a secured domain.

Natalia Trofimov selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephane Leroy commented Feb 26 '13, 6:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Introducing a reverse proxy into the scene in a initial deployment of CLM is a  recommended Best Practice. It will allow you to refactor your CLM topology while  maintaining stable URIs :
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_reverse_proxy.html

One other answer

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Feb 26 '13, 5:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Natalia,
WAS would let you modify the "default ports" it uses (e.g. from port 9043 to port 443 and from port 8080 to port 80). When configuring the Jazz server initially, it's a good practice to hide port numbers from the public server URL. You could find in details guidance here :
http://sleroyblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/tip-for-jazz-administration-hide-port-numbers-from-the-public-server-uri/
Regards,
Stéphane

Comments
Natalia Trofimov commented Feb 26 '13, 9:51 a.m.

Thank you Stéphane and Frank.
You are the best! You answered my question and plus you gave me very good advises! i appreciate it a lot!
Natalia

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.