It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I load files from several components into the same directory?

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Feb 23 '13, 12:11 a.m.
converted to question Feb 23 '13, 12:40 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I now have three (or is it 10?) source projects I want to put into the repository. some are java, some are Perl.

my biggest problem is getting what I have on disk into the system in the way I want.

and then building (I use Jenkins), is also troublesome.. for the perl projects as I need to compile concurrently the same identical source on multiple platforms. then take those artifacts and build a complete package with the rest of the parts  (control files managed separately from the product code), batch scripts (managed separately from the code) Os based scripts (managed separately from the code).

but the all exist in the same directory on my local machine. this is the struggle part..  RTC seems to think my directory/folder is the component location...I think it is that 'checkin/share' thing on the lower left above.

to do local testing all the files from all the 'components' must be in the same directory..

and the fact that you can't delete a component drives me crazy.  I don't know wha I am doing (admit it, never used an SCM, ever), don't have a CM expert around to help me, and can't recover from my mistakes.. uh. ignorant choices.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 23 '13, 12:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This looked like a question rather than an answer, so I changed it into a question.  But it also appears to be several questions ... it's best to post each question as a separate question (with an appropriate title).   I tried to pick one of the questions as the title ... not sure if I got it right.   Please modify the question title if it needs to be corrected.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 23 '13, 12:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use load rules to control what directory in a sandbox a directory that is under source control is loaded.  But you cannot load files from different source controlled directories into the same sandbox directory.   So all of the files that you want loaded into a single directory in your local disk have to be located in a single directory in the repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.